Friday, September 22, 2017

DT Day - Connie Can Crop - Skunk Gift Box

Today is my day to show off what I made with my file from this month's sponsor Treasure Box Designs.
 
They have some really cute SVG's, but I just had to use this cute skunk gift box.
 

 
When my son was young I was a sewer, I did tons of sewing and one day when he was napping I decided to give a stuffed animal pattern I had on hand a try. The only one I had the correct colors for was the skunk so I whipped up a stuffed skunk.
 
When David woke up from his nap and saw the skunk sitting on the edge of the table he grabbed him, named him, "Mr. Skunk" and never let go of him. It became a bit of a family joke embarrassing his older brother and sister to no end.
 
I'm going to visit David and his beautiful wife Miki in April, they live in Tokyo (NO....I'm not a BIT excited about this new adventure in my life I've been to Canada, Mexico and the Bahamas but never overseas) I am going to buy some Arizona instant lottery tickets to tuck into the skunk box and give to David when I arrive in Tokyo.
 


 
This little guy was super easy to cut and assemble. The file is a girl skunk but I switched a couple of things around and made a male skunk. I used blue papers instead of pink and left off the little piece for the hair and the pink flower.
 
Come and join in this month's fun over at Connie Can Crop for our Anything Goes Challenge. This month's prize is from Treasure Box Designs.


 

1 comment:

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.