Friday, March 8, 2019

Shake It Up Blog Hop

Thank you for joining us for  
the SHAKE IT UP BLOG HOP


This is a blog hop featuring projects with parts that either move or shake! 

You should have arrived from Holli's Blog but if you didn't head over to
Connie Can Crop , she is the beginning of this interactive hop! 
This is a one day blog hop, but you have until Sunday at 10pm to finish hopping and leaving your love for all of these talented crafters.


We have three awesome sponsors for this hop!!

Action Wobbles is giving away a 13 pack of Wobbles!!




AND


Simply Stamping with Narelle is giving away this adorable stamp set...Bella & Friends
AND


Wendy Bellino is giving away Two (2) Club Scrap page formulas. Each includes thirteen PAGE FORMULAS with cutting instructions (12x12 scrapbook format). Delivered as printable .pdf files.


What do you need to do to win? Easy... become  a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a comment letting them know what you like best about their projects. Free Shipping to our USA friends but Worldwide will be asked to pay shipping if they win.

You will have until 10 pm Sunday to finish the hop and leave your comments on every blog to be eligible to win. 
Winners will be announced on Wednesday 3/13/19 at Connie Can Crop.
Be sure to follow everyone and leave a comment along the way!

I made 2 cards, a mover and a shaker.







I made the shaker card first. The, "Celebrate" die is from Spellbinder's. I got it as part of a grab bag type purchase a while back. 

I cut the die out 7 times using 110 pound card stock and one out of a color to match your card. 6 of the die cuts got a severe trimming. All I wanted to use from those layers was the dotted line and outter frame areas, everything else got trimmed out. Then I layered 6 of the die cuts and glued one layer to the next letting dry in between layers. This will give you 3 different shaker areas.

After the layers were totally dry I adhered them to the printed layer (which came from Connie's Crafty Cart) and let it dry. Choose your shaker element colors (I used very samll seed beads) and pour them into the shaker area you want it in.

Glue the last layer of 110 pound (the one you don't trim down) to the matching die cut and let dry. Cut a piece of clear plastic to fit the die cut and glue into place.

I added a ribbon and a few sequins to the shaker box.

Then I made this card in a box for my great-nephew who share's Connie's birthday.




His mom said that he liked these duck things so I used a few ducks to decorate the card. It's his first birthday so I had to include some "1's".

There are 3 kids in the family so I wrote each one's name on each duck. I used my Cricut to write the names.




I used an Action Wobble on the little cake but I couldn't get a pic of it wobbling.

Be sure to hop over to Jearise's Blog.

Here's our line up in case you get lost along the way.

Happy Birthday, CONNIE!!!!

Be sure to join us next month for our
Rain Rain Go Away Themed Blog hop!

24 comments:

  1. The box is absolutely awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome I think both are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your box came out so cute true love the way it pops up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cards! I want to learn how to make a box card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your cards and box cards are some of my favorite....love love love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both projects are wonderful. Thank you for sharing the process used to create your shaker card!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are so cheerful and adorable! I love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool having multiple shaker areas on the one card. Love them both

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute and clever moving box card and shaking celebrate shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! Awesome box card and shaker! I've seen so many really creative projects on the hop and love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shaker cards are fun and challenging to me but I love box cards. These two cards are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sue you did a great job with both of these cards! love the card in a box and the shaker.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute cards. Love the duck card. I have never made a shaker the way you did. Might have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love these!! I was lucky enough to see this amazing shaker in person! It’s fabulous!! That box card is too!! They are gonna love it! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW love both your projects. The shaker card is so different to what you normally see, I love it. And the cute box pop up card with the wobbly cake is awesome. What a luck great nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are adorable! Love the box card and the fun details you added! Love that wobbling cake!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness - what awesome cards! You're "brave" at making a three section shaker card - I'm too "chicken" to try a one section shaker card. Your birthday card is super cute - perfect for a one-year old!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool. Both cards are so cute and creative. Tfs and for hooping with us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sue LoVe your wonderful cards!!!
    It's been so long.
    Hugs
    D~

    ReplyDelete

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.