Sunday, May 7, 2017

Connie Can Crop - Cyber Hop - Challenge #5

Today is the last day of Connie Can Crop Cyber Hop Challenge #5. I just finished yesterday's project which called for some kind of fruit.


My prickly pear cactus is the inspiration for my layout. I found this little cactus growing in our back yard a few years ago and decided to plant it and see what happened.


It has grown quite a bit since I planted it but it never flowered until this year.
 
 
After the flower comes the fruit. Most people don't know that you can cook and eat the leaves and fruits. I don't have any pictures of prickly pear fruits so I found this one online.
 





Prickly pears come in different colors and I assume that the fruit is the same color as the flower so I should get yellow fruits from my cactus.


The cactus cut is from Cricut's, "Southwest" cartridge, the fruits are actually an egg cut from the, "Easter 2010" cartridge and the font is from, "Cricut Alphabet". I added some dots to the fruits to make them look as much like prickly pear fruit as I could.

I am entering this layout in this challenge:

Connie Can Crop - Cyber Hop - Challenge #5


















 

1 comment:

  1. Sue this is a great layout! Love the prickly pear die cut!!
    I think its cool that you planted that cactus and have watched it grow over the years. WOW did it get big! Nice layout hon.
    Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.