Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Blue on Blue Birthday

Recently I have really had an itch to actually use my favorite color to create something and this is what I came up with.




I started with a blue card base then I embossed a piece of vellum with a Cuttlebug folder which I received as a gift from Dawn at Designs by Dragonfly. After embossing I used a StazOn ink pad, I ran it over the embossing to give the vellum a little color.

I have been unable to find a vellum adhesive that is actually hidden so I used a few glue dots and covered them with the pearls.

The sentiment panel was cut with a die that has been in my stash forever, sentiment is wet embossed and backed with a lighter blue, adhered to the vellum with foam pads then I added a bow and chomped my corners.

I am entering this card into these challenges:
Dies R Us - #49 - Birthday
Just Us Girls - #343 - Trend Week - Vellum
Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge - #10

I went with the bottom row: Bow, Texture, Vellum.