Friday, May 22, 2015

My Arizona Garden with Ewe-N-Me Printables

Back in Michigan I always had some type of garden, but here in NW Arizona the soil is sand and the ground is hard, our backyard is not user friendly, it's a long steep walk on a gravel covered path down to the bottom. Gardening here would take raised beds and more room than our current back yard offers so this is my Arizona Garden.  
 
I started with this beautiful collage sheet. You get 9 different seed envelopes and you can print them as many times as you need to.
 

I printed the file onto glossy photo paper then I backed it with a piece of chipboard and cut them out using my paper trimmer. Then I glued wooden sticks onto the backs of the images.

Using an old seed starter set up I had on hand I put a few coats of Mod Podge on the wooden crate and painted the pots off white.

 
When the Mod Podge dried I stamped images on the ends of the crate with StazOn ink and colored them with markers.
 
 

 
I didn't have anything on hand to fill the pots with so I went out into the yard and collected some of our landscaping rocks. Then I went to town decorating the front of the crate using, buttons, brads (I took off the prongs on the backs and attached them with my hot glue gun) and butterflies I cut and embossed with my Cuttlebug using some of the beautiful papers my kids have sent me from Japan.
 
 

Stamps are from: http://plumpurdy.com/
Flower buttons from: Melissa Frances 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. LOL. I loVe your Arizona garden. I think the rocks are perfect in the pots. I love your stamped images on the ends and all the die cut butterflies. I spy some other little cuties mixed in there, too. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.