Saturday, March 21, 2015

Quick Quotes Friday Challenge #49

I had a lot of fun with this, it was a bit of a challenge. I started with this old wooden planter box, the green pots came with it. I have 2 of these and they have been sitting in my craft room for a few months while I wondered what I should make with them until I came across this month's Quick Quotes Challenge.
 
Before: 
 



After:

 
I used some stamps on the sides, this is my first attempt at stamping and coloring on wood and my markers ran a bit. I tied to do a repair but I couldn't get the running problem to stop.
 

 

Quick Quotes products used:

All of the papers are: "Designed by Joy" - except for some of the leaves, most of the leaves were made out of scraps I have laying around.
Patsy's Paradise - QQP _ PA200
Sweet Inspirations - QQP - SI100
Sweet Inspirations - QQP - SI300
Good Times - QQP - GT300
Sweet Inspirations - QQP - SI600
The rub on, in the middle is also from Quick Quotes

Other products used:
Wooden flower pot crate
Heartfelt Creations - Daisy Patch stamp and die sets
StazOn ink pad
ek tools - dimensional flower punch - carnation
Plum Purdy products - Bee Hive & Bees, Birds & Blooms, Bird House Stamps
Brads, ribbon
Adhesives
McGill flower shaping pad and tools
Wood sticks
Green paint
Flower gems

I cut the flowers using the Heartfelt Creations dies, shaped and assembled them. I painted the wooden sticks green then added my flowers and leaves.

Entering into this challenge:

Quick Quotes Friday Challenge #49