Saturday, March 21, 2015

Quick Quotes Friday Challenge #49

I had a lot of fun with this, it was a bit of a challenge. I started with this old wooden planter box, the green pots came with it. I have 2 of these and they have been sitting in my craft room for a few months while I wondered what I should make with them until I came across this month's Quick Quotes Challenge.
 
Before: 
 



After:

 
I used some stamps on the sides, this is my first attempt at stamping and coloring on wood and my markers ran a bit. I tied to do a repair but I couldn't get the running problem to stop.
 

 

Quick Quotes products used:

All of the papers are: "Designed by Joy" - except for some of the leaves, most of the leaves were made out of scraps I have laying around.
Patsy's Paradise - QQP _ PA200
Sweet Inspirations - QQP - SI100
Sweet Inspirations - QQP - SI300
Good Times - QQP - GT300
Sweet Inspirations - QQP - SI600
The rub on, in the middle is also from Quick Quotes

Other products used:
Wooden flower pot crate
Heartfelt Creations - Daisy Patch stamp and die sets
StazOn ink pad
ek tools - dimensional flower punch - carnation
Plum Purdy products - Bee Hive & Bees, Birds & Blooms, Bird House Stamps
Brads, ribbon
Adhesives
McGill flower shaping pad and tools
Wood sticks
Green paint
Flower gems

I cut the flowers using the Heartfelt Creations dies, shaped and assembled them. I painted the wooden sticks green then added my flowers and leaves.

Entering into this challenge:

Quick Quotes Friday Challenge #49
 

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic job! I love how it turned out! I don't think the running paint is that bad, I would not have even noticed it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Quick Quotes this month!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling, so cute!!! Thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it was well worth the way for sure. I loVe how you decorated this. Your flowers are so pretty. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.