Monday, June 6, 2016

Photo Scavenger Hunt #3 - A Family Gathering

My family is scattered all over the place, from Michigan to Japan with me in the middle in Arizona and I don't know when I'll see any of them. However I do need a picture of a family gathering for the Photo Scavenger Hunt going on over on facebook so I spent the morning going over old family pictures and found my pictures from my Dad's last birthday party.

Dad had already been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, he was given 6 months to live so we packed as much living into his remaining time as we could. He was actually with us for another 18 months after his diagnosis thanks to some experimental drugs. Sadly he was too ill the following year for another party so this was his last one.


That's Dad in the yellow hat (I brought the hats and my siblings thought that I was goofy but everyone wore one) and Dad's wife Jane in the top picture.

In the middle we have my sister-in-law Mary Beth from the back, my brother Scott, sister Sandy, Dad, Jane my cousin and her husband...long story about my Dad's siblings having all been put up for adoption and I this was the one and only time I ever met this cousin, the bald guy is her husband.

In the bottom we have my son David, Jane, Dad, Mary Beth and Sandy.

I still miss him every day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.