Sunday, November 15, 2015

Happy Anniversary

A few months back I made a card for my son and his wonderful wife to celebrate their 4th US wedding anniversary and now it is time for their Japanese anniversary.

I wanted to play along with this challenge:



Here is what I came up with.

 
Once I had finally settled on a technique it was very fast and easy to make. I originally wanted to do emboss the flower vine and do an emboss resist technique but I just could not get the look I wanted that way. Then I tried different colors of paint and ink, it took several tires to come up with the combo I used.
 
I painted the background onto watercolor paper, when the paint dried I stamped the vine and sentiment. I attached the watercolor paper onto a piece of pink core'dinations card stock.

I am entering this card into these challenges:

Just Us Girls Challenge # 319

Case This Sketch #149