Saturday, September 12, 2015

Shadow Box - Witch House

If you are looking for my HIMCR Super Scraps Saturday project, please click here.

I had been looking for an inexpensive shadow box to play with, I spotted this one on clearance at Jo Ann's for $4.98 so I picked it up and had been staring at it for a few weeks before getting started.

 
It proved to be impossible to get a picture without the shadows in the corners. This wasn't the perfect shadow box, I wanted something smaller but this worked well.
 
I used up a lot of scraps which is always good. First I painted the box inside and out. I covered the entire box with white gesso then a layer of black chalk paint. I went with a dark purple on the outside and a few different colors on the inside. After it was all dry I sanded and sanded and sanded to get a totally distressed look all over.
 
I used a few Cricut cuts from October 31, Happy Hauntings, Create a Critter and Paper Doll Dress Up.
 
 
I took this picture from a different angle, sitting on the ground instead on top of my air conditioner unit. Living in Arizona we don't need grass, we have rocks out front and sand out back.

 
The poor witch had to rent out a room to make ends meet so Dracula moved in, he is sleeping right now but he is my, "monster" and the coffin is 3D.

 
The sentiments and buttons are from Plum Purdy I also painted the buttons.

 
The house also has an evil pumpkin and LOTs and LOTS of spiders and bats.

 
The frog in the boot stamp is also from Plum Purdy. The small jars are from a set of miniature precious stones that I have had for several years, I finally found a home for some of them. I added some stickles to the witch boot.

 
Can you see the frog trying to jump out of the fire? I added some stickles to the pot.

 
The witch's broom is also a Plum Purdy stamp. After coloring the stamp and fussy cutting it out I added some DecoArt Craft Twinkles, glitter paint is the best way to describe it.
 
 

 
http://diecuttindivas.blogspot.com/2015/09/challenge-232-3d-projects.html

http://www.blogquickquotes.com/2015/09/friday-challenge-55.html