Friday, October 3, 2014

My Ewe-N-Me Printables debut project

Hi, today is my first Ewe-N-Me Printables design team post. I decided to go with Scarecrow Printable Recipe Cards. My recipes are all over the place and I really need to organize them by season, these will be my Autumn/Fall recipes. I started by printing several copies of the file onto white cardstock then I cut them out.

I cut a recipe box with my Cricut using the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More2 cartridge using cream cardstock. When we lived in Michigan my fav fall activity was going to the cider mill for fresh cider, donuts and apples. I would turn the apples into a variety of different side dishes.

 
I lined the entire box with my brand of chipboard, an empty cereal box, cutting each piece of chipboard a little smaller than the area it was applied to.
 
 
This adds strength to the box and helps it to hold it's shape for a long time to come.
 
I also cut dividers using my From My Kitchen cartridge.
 
 
Then I decorated the outside of the box with ribbon (I attached the ribbon before assembling the box), cut a banner and added, "fall", punched some leaves of various colors and attached them to the box.
 
 
The Autumn/Fall theme of these recipe cards is perfect for my fav Autumn/Fall recipes. Now that we live in Arizona here it is the beginning of October and we are still running the air conditioner.
 
 
Sue Kracker
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a gorgeous idea for recipes. Loving the autumn leaf embellies.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on the new design team membership.
    LOVE your CUTE fall recipe box. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.