Friday, October 7, 2016

Butterflies, Checkerboard and Cyan

I have been having a lot of  fun with this card, the challenge I made it for calls for you to use a butterfly, checkerboard and the color cyan.

 
I started with a scrap of heavy white cardstock and painted it cyan. After the paint dried I used a checkerboard stencil from Plum Purdy.com and texture paste to create my checkerboard.
 
The butterfly was cut with my Cuttlebug, it is hard to see it in the picture, there is a layer of cyan under the white butterfly. I also embossed the butterfly and added some gold sequins.
 
I stamped the sentiment with cyan ink onto ink on white and layered it onto a piece of cyan cardstock. I added the ribbon and used foam pads to adhere the sentiment to the card face.
 
The card base is white and embossed with a basket weave embossing folder.
 
I am going to enter this card into these challenges: