Thursday, September 8, 2016

SIP Challenge #64 CAS

I came across this challenge over at Stamp Ink Paper and decided that it was the perfect challenge to use my new embossing paste for. This is my first CAS card as well as the first using embossing paste. I live in a rural area and it takes a long time for, "new" crafting idea products to be available. As a matter of fact, I had stopped in at the gift shop inside the hardware store last week in search of some embossing or texture paste because they have a very small scrapbooking/stamping area. The girl behind the counter assumed that I wanted something to repair my stucco walls...well, I don't like my stucco walls because the entire house is stucco, walls and ceilings. A little bit of stucco is ok but the whole house?

Anyhow, here is my card:

 
I have had this stencil in my stash for a long time, I added some green StazOn ink to the embossing paste that I used on the stem and leaves....the pinkish in the top area of the rose was kind of a mistake, I had used the stencil with my Spectrium Noir markers and wasn't able to get all of the color off but that was years ago so I don't know why the embossing paste picked it up and only in that area. I liked the way it looked so I used it.
 
The sentiment is wet embossed and I added a few pink pearls.
 
I am entering this card into this challenge:
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty card!!! I, too, live in a very rural community. So I know what you mean about having to wait for supplies to be available. We were just in a big city yesterday, and of course I forgot to stop somewhere to buy myself a new black ink pad. lol I guess maybe next trip!! Love what you have done with your newest purchase. Thank you for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper.

    ReplyDelete

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.