Monday, June 27, 2016

Butterflies

This is my first easel card. It was a whole lot easier once the block in my brain was able to make a connection about how to fold and attach the easel panel.

 After seeing the Butterfly Challenge for this month I went with 3 shades of olive for the card and an oval die cut for my stamp.


 
The tiny olive butterflies are negatives from the cut shown below. Somehow or other I managed to lose 1 of them going between the craft and living rooms and being so small it was impossible to find in the carpet.



The card folds flat for mailing.

I used colored pencils to color the image. The bigger butterflies are cut from papers my kids sent me from Japan. I cut the ovals using Cricut Craft Room Basics and the butterfly panel with the sentiment is from Ribbons and Rosettes.

I am entering this into these challenges:

Butterfly Challenge - O is for Oval/Olive.

Robyns Fetish Butterfly Challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh Iv'e done that dropped little pieces on the floor and lost them. So annoying when you need a certain number. I like your easel card design. So pretty with the butterflies made from the papers from Japan. I have a few Christmas cards from Japan( not very Christmassy as they don!t celebrate) and the paper used in them is exquisite. Vellums and rice paper. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,
    what a wonderful easel card.
    Great design, and wonderful shades of olive.
    Love your very fab butterflies from the wonderful paper you had from Japan.
    Thank you for joining the Butterfly Challenge with this.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. GD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your easel card is gorgeous. LOVE your sweet butterflies. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.