Monday, June 27, 2016

Butterflies

This is my first easel card. It was a whole lot easier once the block in my brain was able to make a connection about how to fold and attach the easel panel.

 After seeing the Butterfly Challenge for this month I went with 3 shades of olive for the card and an oval die cut for my stamp.


 
The tiny olive butterflies are negatives from the cut shown below. Somehow or other I managed to lose 1 of them going between the craft and living rooms and being so small it was impossible to find in the carpet.



The card folds flat for mailing.

I used colored pencils to color the image. The bigger butterflies are cut from papers my kids sent me from Japan. I cut the ovals using Cricut Craft Room Basics and the butterfly panel with the sentiment is from Ribbons and Rosettes.

I am entering this into these challenges:

Butterfly Challenge - O is for Oval/Olive.

Robyns Fetish Butterfly Challenge.