Saturday, May 7, 2016

Silhouette Showcase #37 - What NOT to do

My post is more of a, "What Not To Do/This Is What Happens When You Don't Follow Directions" than showing something off.

 
This box contains a card in a box for my granddaughter. I made the paper using my Silhouette, pen holders and a TomBow marker. I reread the directions because I hadn't used it for a while BUT!!! I didn't follow directions.
 
There is a very small cap on the bottom of the Silhouette pen holder which you are supposed to leave in place until you have your marker screwed into the holder. Well, smarty pants me decided that I could decide myself how far down the marker needed to be. 

And I ended up with these lovely lines running through my, "Happy Easter". Now I have to start all over again.
 







Challenge#1
Starts May 1, 2016
Ends May 31, 2016
Click HERE to link up!

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha Sue - it's so easy to jump into making something without reading/following directions - sketch pens seem a bit of a mystery, so, well done for trying them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Directions what directions? Who needs to follow the stinkin' directions? LOL. Love your daffodils. And the pen marks give your background character. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am terrible about reading direction too...I learn from wonderful tips like this! I have been trying to figure out the pen holder pieces. Guess I am going to have to head off to you tube to figure it out. Wonderful creation after all that! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the added lines. It gives it more of an artist feel.

    Mike
    DezinesbyEM.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.