Friday, April 29, 2016

Small Folding Pocket Card

Today I have a new card design that has a small pocket to hold bookmarks, gift cards, whatever you can fit into it. I need to thank my pen pal Lana in Montana (I like the way that rhymes) who sent me one of these cute little cards and the directions for the card. I had already chosen this file to work with for the week:
 
 
You can find this file here: Ewe-N-Me Printables. You get 2 of each hang tag for a total of 6 hang tags per sheet and you can print as many as you need.
 
I cut out all 6 of the hang tags, added a piece of white card stock in between and stacked them up like a sandwich giving them a little bit of strength. Then I punched a hole in the top of each one and added a piece of ribbon.
 
 

 All 3 cards from the outside.

 
This card has a Japanese flair, "Arigato" = "Thank You" in English. The patterned papers are from Japan.

 
I used sea foam embossing powder on a few of the stamps then sponged some Distress Stains onto the images. Some pages have sponged backgrounds with the stamping done on top of the sponging.

 
On some pages I used a background stamp then used a different color of ink and stamped the image on top of the background stamp.

 
The patterned paper I used here is from Craft Smith.




 
Here is the pattern for cutting and scoring your cardstock.
 
 My added notes are hard to read:
 
The top solid pieces of card stock measure: 2" x 3"
The patterned pieces of card stock measure: 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
 
I want to make more of these but will plan it out a bit better trying to better match my papers, inks, etc. with the bookmarks, hang tags, whatever I decide to use.
 
Thank you for stopping by to take a look.
 
Sue


 

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful. LoVe them. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.