Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Card in a Box Using Some Japanese Paper

I have been playing around with my stash for a few days, wanting to try to use some of the paper my son and his beautiful wife brought me from Japan. I was also trying to do something for a few challenges, this is what I came up with:

 
The patterned paper is from my kids in Tokyo. Since that paper is so busy I went with solids for everything else except for that back panel.




One of the challenges I'm entering is for the, "smooshing" technique, that is how I decorated the back panel, after smooshing the colors onto the paper I added my butterfly stamp.

The butterflies are die cuts which I added some stickles and jewels to. The wooden butterflies are from my stash, I just added a jewel.

I am entering this card into these challenges:

Butterfly Challenge -F-is-for-Fancy-Folds

Just Us Girls-338-trend-week-SMOOSHING

Tuesday Throwdown - Use-Your-Die-Cuts

Jo's Scrap Shack #133 - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by to take a look.