Friday, October 30, 2015

Autumn Bookmarks & Thanksgiving Tea

I have two projects again this week. First up are these really cute bookmarks.


You get 1 of each bookmark, a total of 4 and you can print as many as you need.

 
Deena's files are so easy to work with, you can print, cut and assemble these in about 30 minutes. After printing them out (I went a little out of the lines on the last one) I inked up the edges then I used up some scraps of fall papers to back the bookmarks with (one is mounted on black so you can't see it in the picture). I also punch holes in the tops, add an eyelet and a piece of twine.

These would make nice teacher or hostess gifts.

Now it is time for a Thanksgiving Tea Party, actually more of a Black Friday Tea to give everyone time to take a break and get revived by tea, scones w/lemon curd, tea sandwiches, fresh fruit, tiny deserts and chocolates. I'm going to stay home and make tea while everyone else is out fighting the crowds.

 
 

 
 
 
This cup is from the Queen Anne line of bone china, it was made in England but my book which was published in 1991 doesn't have the exact same marks that match the bottom of my cup, the markings I have are a combination of a couple of different marks Queen Anne used. However the last Queen Anne mark they have listed says, "1959+". It was made sometime after 1959 and I don't know is this line is still produced.

 
 This cup is from Royal Stafford and once again I don't have the exact marks that are in the book.
 
You get 2 tea bags on a page and you can print as many as you need.
 
For this simple invitation is very easy to make, I used a sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" brown cardstock, I cut it in half so that I had two pieces of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". I scored it at 4 1/4", then I added a scrap of dark pumpkin which I embossed with a Cuttlebug folder from my stash. I chomped all 4 corners of both the card base and the pumpkin layer then I added a Thanksgiving Greetings Tea Bag on top, added some sequins and pearls. The sentiment was an extra that I had previously printed on vellum with my printer then layered onto a scrap of Kraft paper and adhered with foam pads.