Saturday, November 8, 2014

Krylon Mini Mystery Box

This is my third post today. For my HIMCR # 173 project please click here: Super Scraps Saturday

This project was a ton of fun to play with. I received an email asking me to take part in the, Krylon Mystery Box and of course I said, "YES!!!" I couldn't wait for my box to arrive.

Here is what I found when I opened the box:


 
Krylon Short Cuts spray paint: Iris and Bonnet Blue
Bag of assorted buttons
2 1/2 yards of 2" wide burlap
2 cloth napkins
Walnut Hollow Mini Crate - provided by Walnut Hollow
 
I hand washed the napkins and let them hang to dry then I pulled out my ironing board and iron, set the iron on 1 (one) and ironed them. You really need to wash the napkins to remove the sizing which is added during the fabric making process. I wanted to do some stamping on them, the sizing would have made it harder for the ink to adhere to them.
 
 
I started with the silver ink, I was on my way to making a decorative Christmas card holder.
 
Then I painted the mini crate with the Bonnet Blue paint and stamped snowflakes onto it using sliver, blue and lilac inks.
 


 

I made a bow with a piece of the burlap, sprayed with a touch of the lilac paint. I added one of the buttons tied with silver thread to the bow and adhered the bow to the box using my hot glue gun.



Using the napkins as a small table cloth I set my box into the middle of it and added some Christmas cards I have made.




The only items of my own I used:

2 snowflake stamps from my stash
Colorbox inks in: silver, blue and lilac
Small piece of silver thread
Hot glue gun

Entering into this challenge:
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - Use Stamps

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous box!!! I love the stamped snowflakes!! Thanks for joining us at the MMMC this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh Sue this turned out BEAUTIFULLY!!! What a wonderful way to showcase your holiday cards. LOVE IT!! Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun project challenge! i love how it turned out, those snowflakes are so sweet! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute box to hold such lovely cards!

    Lalo
    Mixed Media Monthly Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I love the colors. Thanks for playing along in the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.