Friday, September 5, 2014

Image That - Sepetember Challange

My good friend, D from designsbydragonfly told me about this challenge and I am diving right in. This is a progressive challenge, not sure what that means yet but here goes.


You have to use an Imagine That image, Kris posts a couple of free digis for you to choose from and I decided that this little bear just had to have a card of his own.

Recipe:

Digi from: Imagine That
Cardstock
Pinwheel die from Your Next Stamp
Twine
Colored pencils
Brads
Adhesives, foam pads

The pumpkin cardstock measures 8 1/2" x 11", I ran it through my eBosser with the Dotted Elegance folder (these folders are so wonderful, not only do you get a beautiful design on the outside, you also get one on the inside), I used the Swirltangle folder on the yellow scrap. Actually the yellow piece is cut from a whole piece of 8 1/2" x 11 that I ran through the eBosser and cut out a section of to use for this card.
I colored the bear with my colored pencils, first I flipped the image, then I colored him and printed and cut him out twice. After a quick fussy cut I adhered 1 of the bears to the yellow card then assembled my pinwheels using brads for the centers and attached a piece of twine to. I adhered the pinwheels to the card with small foam pads and attached the other end of the string to the bear image. After attaching all of my pinwheels, I adhered the 2nd bear directly on top of the first bear with foam pads.
I printed the sentiments up on my computer printer then layered and adhered with foam pads.
The little bear is so cute I even used one on the inside, printed out a bit smaller than the ones on the front.

This card is for my son and his beautiful wife, they live in Tokyo and I am TERRIFIED of flying in a plane, maybe I would feel safer flying with the help of the pinwheels.

I am entering this into this challenge: Imagine That September Challenge