Monday, September 15, 2014

HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hockey season is right around the corner, I can't wait to watch the first game of the season. In 2010 we attended a Detroit Red Wings game at Joe Louis Arena, I have been a Wing's fan since high school. I used the Wing's colors for all of the pages: red for home games, white for away games and black for practice jerseys.




Recipe:
Cricut Sports Mania cartridge
Cardstock: red, white and black
Using the background feature I cut out the backgrounds at 11.5", using the cut out backgrounds as a stencil, I attached the negative cuts to the opposite page, then I removed the background and adhered it to the page. (Does that make sense to you?). I had a couple of the Wing's, "winged wheels" logos that I had purchased several years ago I used to decorate a couple of the pages.
For my journaling I used my computer printer and red ink on white paper then I layered a piece of either red or black on the back and adhered with foam pads.
The pictures needed a little something to make them stand out on the white pages so I backed them with either red, black or both whatever made them stand out a little.
I cut the font with Cricut Craft Room Basics, I used black for the shadow, white for the font and red to make it pop a little more. The black is cut using the shadow feature, white using the font feature and the red using the font feature @ .10 of an inch smaller than the white layer. I adhered them to the page with foam pads to give them a little dimension.

I'm entering this into this challenge:

Red Carpet Studios 78 any-given-sunday