Saturday, August 9, 2014

HIMCR Blogiversary #4 - Anniversary!

 
HIMCR Blogiversary #4 - Anniversary!

This has been a great Blogiversary for Hiding in My Craft Room!

Thanks so much for celebrating it with us!

We are 5 years old!!!!


For this challenge it can be anything Anniversary themed and isn't a birthday just an anniversary of a birth. So hey, we'll accept birthday themed projects as well!

We want to have fun right and not make it too difficult to play but still a challenge at the same time!

The sponsor is Scrapper's Delights


The giveaway is 3 images, winner's choice from Scrapper's Delights!

 

I was bad and didn't follow directions but I really don't have any anniversary to celebrate so I made a, "Happy Easter/Hoppy Birthday" gift box.
 





Why does Google flip these on me and how can I fix it?

Recipe:
 
Digi Image from Scrapper's Delight
Cricut cartridges:Tags, Bags, Boxex & More 2, Birthday Bash, Easter 2010 and Ribbons & Rosettes
Cardstock, I used DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack for the box and grass, everything else was a scrap
Flocking, twine, googly eyes and bling, my bling is from Zva Creative, one of my blog hop winnings
Adhesives, foam pads, pom poms
 
Print and color digi, then fussy cut and adhere to piece of cardstock and make a, "shadow". I added flocking for flower centers.
Cut box from Tags, Bages, Boxes and More 2 @ 11", cut Happy Easter and bunnies from Easter 2010m cake and, "Hoppy Birthday" from Birthday Bash, the gras is from Ribbons and Rosettes, the lighter green is cut as grass border @ 1" x 11", I also used the same cut for the darker green but I stretched the cut to be a little bigger than the lighter green. Cut each length of grass twice.
Assemble your cuts, add googly eyes to the bunnies, I also added pom poms for the bigger bunny's tail and nose. Attach sentiments to box before assembling as well as the image, cake and bling.
Attach darker green grass to box with foam pads, score wherever you need to turn a corner. Attach lighter green grass to the darker green grass using foam pads. Add a piece of twine around outside of grass.
Attach bunnies, mine are either inbetween the layers of grass or under both layers of grass.
I also cut a piece of chipboard, just a bit smaller than bottom of box and glued to bottom of box, this gives the box bottom more strength.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This is very Cute. And my friend it is a birthday treat box so it works for the theme. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.