Friday, February 28, 2014

Dragonflies and Flowers

Dragonflies and flowers in a jar.

I started with an empty yeast jar (I bake a lot of bagels and bread), added some washi tape then started in on the fillings.

Recipe:

Jar, I used some florist styrofoam and moss to fill it.
Queen and Co. washi tape
PomPoms
Ribbon
Dragonflies are cut from Cricut's Art Nouveau with a few changes, after cutting, I removed the part of the cut that encircled the dragonfly. I used black cardstock for the base layer, white cardstock sprayed with Silver Sugar Glimmer Mist and red glitter paper for the rest.
Flowers are cut from Mother's Day Bouquet.
I added some green Stickles for accents and googly eyes.
Wooden skewers cut to different sizes hot glued to the backs of the dragonflies and flowers.

Entering in this challange:

http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/2014/02/himcr-138-what-buggin-ya_22.html

I wasn't able to catch the, "glitter" in my picture since I had to take it inside, it has been a rainy day.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Beautiful dragonflies!
    Glad you found a great way to use that washi tape from the kids.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a way to repurpose! This will look cheery anywhere! So cute! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

    Hiding in My Craft Room
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.